HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Saw the biggest buck of my life yesterday...
Old 11-11-2007, 06:23 AM
Finch

Default Saw the biggest buck of my life yesterday...

Yesterday was a great hunt. Walking to my stand yesterday morning I could hear bucks trailing does and I also saw a raccoon scurrying about. "This is gonna be a good day," I said to myself.

At day break I was expecting to see a deer, nothing. Give the 'ole grunt call a few blows and wait a bit. Still nothing. My stand is down in a gully overlooking an oak flat...great place. Well, at about 7:20 I see a buck walking one of the ridges. He then heads back to where he came from until I gave a few more grunts. He started quartering-in, coming in my direction. He stopped at about 70 yards and thats when I saw him. He was a MONSTER. This is the biggest buck I've seen in MY life. Honestly, I didn't think VA would produce a buck such as this. The wind was favorable but he decided to continue on the ridge. I didn't see him after that. I moved my stand yesterday and hopefully I will see him again. BTW, this is bow hunt only land. Hopefully he doesn't cross over to the dark side and vice versa.

I once again passed on that basket rack 8 yesterday, he was tailing a doe. Had a shooter come by yesterday evening but had branches in the way...he was a nice 10, after another doe.

Heres a pic I found on the NET that I feel best represents what I saw.