HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Venison Recipes...
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Alsatian
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Venison Recipes...

Venison Scalopinni:

To serve about 6 people

2-3 LBS venison roast butter
cup heavy cream whole fresh lemon
2shallots, chopped dry white wine (chardonnay)
flour

First, cut the venison roast into thin slices about 1/4 inch thick. Pound out these slices with a mallet to thin somewhat. Cut the slices into pieces about the size of a post card or smaller. It is not important to keep the slices uniform or regular in shape.

Salt and pepper the venison slices well then dredge in flour. Sautee quickly in butter -- maybe only need about 2 minutes per side -- and then place on a warm plate covered in the oven.

Sautee the chopped shallots in the remaining butter (or add more butter) for about a minute or two. Add 1/2 cup chardonnay wine and boil this down to about 1/8 cup. Squeeze about a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice into the liquid (watch out not to get the seeds in the pan!). Add about 3/4 cup of heavy cream. Rapidly cook while stirring until the cream thickens. This may take awhile, and patience is rewarded by a thicker, richer sauce. When you are statisfied with the thickness, adjust the salt. Pour this sauce over the venison slices and serve. You can sprinkle some minced parsley over if you like this kind of embellishment. I used to add the venison back into the sauce to heat it up before bringing to the table, but I stopped as this doesn't seem to be necessary.

This is an easy, quick, and tastey way to cook venison. It doesn't heat up your house much like running the oven three hours to cook a roast does. Everyone I have served this to have liked it a lot.