HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wisconsin public hunting or outfitter
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 09:28 AM
fastetti
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wisconsin public hunting or outfitter

I agree with Wis Bow Hunter on his recommendation. I accidentally stumbled on the lodge 2 years ago while heading up from Chicago for a deer hunitng trip on a friends property. We were originally suppose to stay at a Motel 6 but while getting gas in town we started talking to a few ladies our age (in there 20's) and told us about this place. They had one room left when we got there. It is a hunters dream! The nicest lodge I have ever seen or stayed in. they have a bar and a nice restaurant and to show how much they like there hunters there, they had $1 beers for all hunters! Everyone there is friendly and towards the end of the night of drinking and eating onm opening day, one of the owners brought us in his office and showed us video of this years deer he had been scouting. Monsters!! A guy actually brought in a 160 + buck the first nite of the season and wasn't even excited about! They have some big deer up there. The property we hunted (which is now houses[:@]) was home to a couple monsters. We actually found a 4 pt antler that had been ripped off by a bigger buck that had been roaming the property! And no it wasn't a shed, it had skull attached to it and was no less than a week old. A neighbor said that is was probably done by13 that was in the 160s that he had seen a few times, but never a shot. Public hunting up there is tough. My buddy spent the first 3 days of rifle season in a stand last year on Public land up there and saw one doe. Id look into wisbowhtrs advice on a outfitter or keep an eye out for a lease. There a little expensive, but if youre going with a few guys, it can be cheaper than an outfitter, but the results may vary. Id look into Baird Creek or a lease up there. Its a great area with some monsters. Every year Im there I see bucks of all sizes on the backs of cars and pick up trucks. Just my 2 cents. Good Luck!