HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Breaking into muzzleloading
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 03:07 AM
gleason.chapman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Breaking into muzzleloading

ORIGINAL: cayugad

I personally think a starter pack is a waste of money. Pick the rifle you want. Get the accessories you want. And have the kind of rifle you want at the price you can afford. The Wolverine is a great rifle. The Omega is a good rifle also. Check your Wal Mart. They had the same Omega Z with a starter pack for under $300.00. There are a couple things in that starter pack that are worthless. The bore butter and the T/C #13 bore cleaner I have little to no use for. And the other bullets are just window dressing.

They also had a brand new CVA Buckhorn Magnum .50 caliber for $99.95 today. I asked to handle it. Then told him he better take it away from me before I do something stupid. What a nice rifle to shoulder and handle. It actually had pretty good hardware to barrel fit. And the grips on the stock were a nice touch. But I kept telling myself, you own a Staghorn. Go home. Shoot Staghorn... and left the store.
If your on this forum, chances are you don't need the starter pack, since you pick up info reading the threads. If your totally clueless about MLing, then get the starter pack and use thier "book loads" in the owners manual, shoot them till you can hit and get. Chap