HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Okies - Check In!
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 07:47 PM
KC10Chief

Default RE: Okies - Check In!

Hey fellas! I'm stationed here at Tinker AFB in OKC. I've been hunting here for about 6 years now, but only ducks and hogs. I'm going to give deer gun season a shot this year. I have a Remington 700 BDL .30-06 I bought earlier this year for the hogs. It's killed quite a few hogs and I figured I'd try it out on a deer this year. A friend of mine went out a week or two ago on his very first deer hunt with a $50 muzzle loader. In the first 10 minutes, he shot a big 10 point buck. Some people have all the luck! I'm a little confused on the deer tag I need. I see that they sell antlered tags and antlerless tags. Do you guys usually just buy one of each? If I shoot a buck and want to go again later, I need to buy another tag right? Sometimes the regs can be kind of confusing. I just want to make sure I have all my bases covered. What kind of ammo do you guys use? For hogs, I shoot 180 grain Core-Lokt's and that drops them dead every single time. But I shoot them in the head. Should I use a different ammo? Something that expands better? Do any of you ever hunt down at Love Valley WMA in southern Oklahoma? How about a place that processes deer in the OKC area? How much would it cost to have a deer processed? Thanks for any info!
Matt