HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - No respect for my 'NO TRESPASSING' signs...
Old 11-08-2007, 06:09 PM
farm hunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: No respect for my 'NO TRESPASSING' signs...

In NY, posted property does not always mean that the landowner is safe from a lawsuit if a person is hurt - even while trespassing, (open wells come to mind).

However, when you allow a snowmobile club access to make trails on your property, their insurance will cover any injury that might occur. For the most part, at least in my area - many of these snowmobilers are freinds and neighbors of mine - and they tend to appreciate the access - and look out for the property. They also make sure that the trails are well marked and that the poeple using them are members and stay on marked areas only. Before we let the snowmobiling club in - people went EVERYWHERE - and were completely uncontrollable.

Sure any landowner has the right to post and not allow anyone on his property. I'm saying that if you put upcrazy signs - like some posted here - and generally come off as a jerk - then your neighbors and others will not treat you or your property with a whole lot of respect.

FH