HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First elk bowhunt-story.....
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2003, 10:07 PM
elksniper

Default RE: First elk bowhunt-story.....

First elk that i ever shot as is my most memorable. We had been hunting hard for four days hot september weather and did not hear a single bull, did not know much about elk hunting so was spending most of our time still hunting. Was hunting along heading home for the day was pretty much done. all of a sudden i was among a herd of about 10 they just stood up all around me, still can' t believe that i never saw them until they stood. we just looked at each other till i realized that this is what i was looking for slowly drew on the bull 20 yards quartering away on a bench a little higher than me what a perfect shot. This elk hunting thing is easy, ha ha picked the spot concentrated let loose. Bam next thing i see is pink fletching hitting the spot wow. i can' t belive i have just hit a bull elk these elk aren' t that hard to hunt my mind was racing my partner was close and snuck over to me and we quietly celebrated he had seen the whole thing go down. we waited probably only 2 minutes but seemed like forever crept over to where the bull was found my arrow immediately only it was shattered from the outsert to the nock Strange! No blood or flesh Even STRANGER! back at the nock amongst the shreds of carbon fiber was a patch of elk hair. WE eventually figured out that i hit a piece of brush flipped the arrow and shattered it and the fletch end slapped the elk on the side. Of course my partner found this funny i on the other hand took awhile to see the humor in it. But it will always be at the top of my hunting memories. Probably cuz that arrow is mounted on its own placque in my den so i see it everyday