HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Breaking into muzzleloading
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 12:53 PM
gleason.chapman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Breaking into muzzleloading

ORIGINAL: xd9x19

With the Knight Wolverine starter package, what else would I need to get started? What else to add to the list:

1) powder
2) range rod? (I've read it is better for use at the range than the one that comes with the gun)

Any thing useful this package is lacking that I would need to consider?

P.S. Some folks have referenced the Chuck Hawks web site, but he and Randy Wakeman don't seem to be impressed with CVA muzzleloaders. What gives? Appears they think you stand a chance of them blowing up when shooting.
One person's opinion should not sway you---look for consistency across of collection of knowledgable people--Chad S (Editor of BlackPowder Guns and Hunting Magazine, only shoots with CVA, but I believe the Magazine is produced by a parent company of CVA). Randy has a lot of knowledge and experience, but I believe he likes "American Made", therefore he goes for Kngiht, TC or Savage. I think the early CVA were not a well made, but the newermodel are great rifles. I don't think you can go wrong with any major brand, they will all do the job, your buying "reputation" more than "killing power".
Chap Gleason