HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 06:53 AM
finner
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

ORIGINAL: Mathewsboy

OK GUYS.. I"M BAFFLED BIG TIME... I guess what I thought I saw on that HIT DEER last Night was not what really happened.. I got photos of him this morning at my Dads Stand 300 yrds away. UNREAL!! See the scar, thats the opposite side i shot at.. Hit a Branch? Maybe that was the WHACK I heard.. I DONT KNOW.. Here's the PIC..

Tough break on the buck Brad, it happens to the best of us sooner or later if you hunt long enough.
What i think happened is the "whack" u heard was the arrow deflecting of a branch, then it got redirected high and passed thru just above the spine were the exit wound is. other than that its got me puzzled too man.
One good thing is you got some closure on him and you know he's still kicking, Get out there ASAP the next morning ya can, i think i see a pattern.

Dave...sounds like you may of hit the so called "void" area on the deer.
HE might make it...its hard to say hopefully he does and the yotes dont get him. Not much you can do when they move like that right as your touching the realease off. man thats a bummer, there is stilll time to redeme yourself.

The next time ill be going out is this weekend, im going to hunt a stand i havent hunted yet this year...so with a little luck i will get a crack at one.