HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - scared of the dark?
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 04:56 PM
bawanajim
Giant Nontypical

Default scared of the dark?

Tonight I was hunting over two decoys a small buck and a doe,I had tarsel glands from a friends buck and doe urine all around this set up.
At dark got down to clean things up and head home,with my bow on the ground I went to pick up the buck decoy when I heard a strange sound. I look up the lane and see a dark form, from my belt I get my mini mag light,the eyes are green not red so I'm relieved its not a bear. Next comes a deep grunt now from 15 to20 yards,foot stomps and another grunt, I start talking to this deer, I'm yelling yo'in get out here. Another grunt and his coming closer now, I'm getting concerned I tip the decoy over and take a step at the deer yell again and he runs into the corn. Same corn I hide the decoys in.
So I say piss on the decoys I'm outta there.I lay the doe on her side and hear another grut.Now he is thrashing corn stalks and stomping the groundfrom far to close. I grab my bow and start out and so does he gruntin and stomping till I reach the end of the corn and enter the woods now it half a mile of woods to get tothe truck I cover it in under two minutes.

Any one else afraid of the dark?