HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My son gets it done this eve. (pics)
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 06:37 PM
bloodcrick
Giant Nontypical

Default My son gets it done this eve. (pics)

Well some may remember Dalton not finding his buck a few days ago after a bad shoulder hit, his first deer lost. He was devistated but got over it ond moved on. Dalton just turned 16 on haloween and we was hoping he would score on his b-day, did not happen but oh well. Dalton wanted to hunt a spot we call the thicket, he has a 15' ladder stand in there that we leave year round. we hunt the out side corner of the thicket and there are some huge trees on the ground 50 yards away creating a bottle neck. Since im done and Dalton dont feel comfortable WAY back in the woods, he wanted me to tag along with him. I set up in my climber 40 yards behind him. At 5:00 i though i hear leaves crunching, i see Dalton stand, i now see the buck skirting him at 23 yards, i see Dalton draw, my fingers go crossed (shut up Honcho [8D])
I hear Dalton go mahh, the buck stops, Dalton sends the arrow and it sounded like some one dropped a rump roast on the floor, that dull thud we like to here The buck swaps ends, runs 40 yards and falls over dead, thats my boy . Ends up being a double lung pass through. Its Daltons 4th bow kill, he says he is ready to get picky now that he has some notches in his belt And as usual the whole family got involved. The wife said if i took a pic of her she was going to slap me We are officialy done here in Indiana. bring on the turkeys

The rest of he gang, they love walking and getting lost in the woods at night, blair witch style [8D]