HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wierd things you' ve seen while hunting!!!
Old 02-24-2003, 02:11 PM
plinker772000

Default RE: Wierd things you' ve seen while hunting!!!

I have only had one year of hunting experience, but perhaps the funniest thing I have ever seen was while squirrel hunting. I was walking along a dirt road hollowed out through this patch of woods and I caught some movement out of the corner of my eye. I turned only the see a squirrel caught in the vines by its tail. It was struggling like mad to get itself upright but it couldn' t manage. I walked back to my grandfather house and got out his old machete made from a lawn mower blade. I took it up and cut the vines at the base of the tree to let it loose. I didnt think it would be the fair thing to do.

This next one isn' t while hunting, but I was camping up at Red Rock Campground. Me and a friend of mine had just put some leftover watermelon on a few treestumps for the animals to enjoy (deer will come right up to you at that campground). I hadn' t laid down for 15 minutes before I heard a scream so curdling I almost had a heart attack at the age of 9. My grandfather later told me that it was two raccoons fighting. Pretty mean fight for a cuple of varmints.

plinker

Know ' em, Hunt ' em, Eat ' em