HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why did this deer expire so fast?
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 11:27 PM
ol eagle eyes
Spike

Default RE: Why did this deer expire so fast?

ORIGINAL: Hoytail Hunter
Now, the reason why this surprises me is because deer have been known to run a hundred yards on a one lung plus heart shot. Do you guys thinkthis one didn't run at all maybe because it was still a baby and just didn't have that physical toughness yet?
I dont think anyone has really addressed the actual question here, instead debating how long it normal takes for the deer to 'expire'. Looks to me like the OP was more concerned about why he dropped the deer (meaning normally they take off running)....

I dont have any answers for you, but I have dropped a deer in the same manor. Actually it was my first, a small doe (yearling maybe, or fawn, not really sure). Dropped it where I shot it pretty much, and like yours it did some unpleasant kicking and such. Not sure if it was 2 minutes, it did seem like a long time. But 30 seconds equates to about 5 minutes in situations like that.... I to did attempt a second shot, which was a good hit, but didnt seem to help. I think my dad slapped me for wasting a second arrow with a deer that was on the ground. [:@]