HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bad pictures ... of a good buck
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 09:13 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Bad pictures ... of a good buck

Actually I bought one of those 3-D archery targets and decided I could use that as a decoy. So I carried it out into my woods and put that in front of my stand. I took the antlers off it, and with a roofing nail pinned a chunk of white cloth to its rear. There I applied the doe scent.

I had not been up in my tree for more then half an hourthe first year.. these three does came in. The biggest doe kept snorting and stomping her foot at it. The decoy was only 15 yards in front of me. And then she got closer. All of a sudden she raised up and with a front hoof kicked the ear off my new decoy. Man was I mad. Then she started to circle it. So when she had her side to me I made sure she would attack it no more.

The third year I even had a bear attack it. That bear smashed it and scattered the parts all over the place. The decoy still has the claw marks along the back where that bear swatted it. I bet that bear was surprised when they discovered it was not real.

The little buck I shot near it, I never was sure it it came in for the decoy or the grunt. I set up near a scrape and put the antlers on it. I saw that little buck out there and grunted. Just like that he came right in.

They were on sale one time for $69.00 do I ordered it because most targets would not stop my bow for target shooting. That decoy stops it every time. Plus it really help me tone in my skills shooting at that from a tree stand.