HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lone Wolf noise problems??
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 09:05 PM
chaseNsplittoes

Default RE: Lone Wolf noise problems??

I have actually encountered that problem this morning. I bought I lone wolf hang on last month. Today was my forth sit in it and I too noticed a small "creck" sound when I shifted in my stand. I thought WHAT THE HECK!! I was worried.This was the first time I noticed it. However,I honestly think it was how I secured to the tree. I'll explain. I've been hunting public land andI have only been able to hunt mornings, so when I leave, I fold it up flat agaist the tree so it doesn't "stick out" so bad. I also weave a leafy limb through the base to cover itmore. Might be overkill, butit's really hard to pick out if your not looking for it. Anyway, this morning,when I folded back down,tightened the straps, and got settledI notice that it wasn't sitting exactly the way I had it. It was shifted to left. I was already comfortable and sun was coming so I stayed. Then later asshifted my pressure I noticed it. So, I'll make sure tomorrow it's right and sitting flush, but I think it may be how it sets agsinst the tree. Otherwise it's been solid and super quiet.

Sorry for the long blog and I know it may not even relate to your problem because yours is a climber, but I felt like giving my input incase it could help.