HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Someone please help me!
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 07:48 PM
Ideaman

Default RE: Someone please help me!

I am glad to hear that you are interested in shooting and hunting. There are so many positives that these sports can bring to your life, I could never list them all.

I would suggest that you get yourself some good training first.

Not knowing what kind of gun you want tells a little about where you are. You might buy a car before you learn to drive, or buy a computer before you ever learn to operate, but would it be a good purchase? Would you know what options you want or need?

Be careful about learning from your friends, though there are many knowledgeable young people, there is no substitute for experience.

No joke, go to a hunter safety course first. It will give you not only hunting information but gun safety, and to get a hunting license in most states you will have to have it anyway. Then look into what NRA has to offer inyour area.Go to a shooting range,watch the shooters, ask question, you will be surprised at just how much information and help experienced shooters will be willing to share.

By the way where are you located, people on this forum in your area might help.

Worry about your first gun later, I don't want to sound like somebodies mother, butproperly trained people don't accidently kill other people.