HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scared Hikers
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Zoomer

Default RE: Scared Hikers

Never had a problem per se, but I did have a very interesting experience. Bow hunt 4 years ago, full camo w/gloves facemask, etc., walking along a trail on public land and I hear a noise coming down the trail. I went 3 feet into the woods leaned against the closest tree raised my bow (did not draw) and waited. 2 minutes later a cute lady on horseback comes walking down the trail. Not knowing what to do - and not wanting to spook the horse,I remained motionless. It was all going to plan untill the horse gets even with me and must have scent busted me. They most definitely didnt see me. The poor horse got all squirrely and the poor lady is whoaing over and over. It was too much to just sit there so I let out a big WHOA and raised my arm. The horse was cool with it but the poor lady almost had a heart attack and jumped clear out of the saddle. When she did finally stop shaking from nerves,we talked for a few minutes. I told her I was going to just let them walk by but the horse must have smelled me so I tried to do what I thought was best. In the end it all worked out OK. Multiuse land with multiple users. Isn't that the point?