HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question on wind/deer Need HELP
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 11:30 AM
BrentH243
Fork Horn

Default RE: Question on wind/deer Need HELP

I'd say to hunt it today and hunt it tomorrow as well. When those big boys are after "you know what", human scent isn't the only thing on their mind. Contrary to where you have seen them before, you may get lucky enough to have them come in upwind of you if they are trailing a doe or something. Although you may have the deer patterned, anything can happen and deer can and will surpise you. If you are out there tomorrow during the small game opener, they may even push the deer closer to your stand if you are in the woods. I've only been able to make it out once this year, but will get my next chance this weekend on a couple all day hunts. No matter what the wind says, I'm still going to be out there and attempting to eliminate my scent as much as possible. I've had many deer down wind of me smell me and bust and I've also had a fair share come in directly down wind and still come in. There are so many things that could affect their patterns as well. Don't get mad at me if you go out and ruin your spot tonight though,II'm just giving you a suggestion based on what I know and based on the fact that I won't be so fortunate this year to get out and hunt day after day. Good luck either way! Listen to GregH, he seems to be a legend on here when it comes to bowhunting for mature whitetails!