HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Savage package rifle scopes?
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 05:03 AM
Knightia
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Savage package rifle scopes?

I got my Savage 116 in 30.06about 7 yrs ago i think it is now, marked down to $250.00 at walmart( it has no ajuistable trigger). It had a bushnell 3x9x 32 on it(model unknowen). I didnt like the scope from the start as it was blurry for my eyes- but i couldnt pass up the rifle for that price & planed on replaceingthe scopefrom the start.

A stainless steel rifle for $250- i couldnt help myself[8D]- i couldnt be happyier with the rifle- it shoots great. I put that silver bushnell that came with the savageon my 10/22( still blurry & "upgrated "to a bigger simmons 4x12 for $40). So far Savage* & Simmonsare still working asthey should( with at least 500+ rounds later)- tho not the clearest optics either i can see thew it ok.

Its my go to gun &beater just togo out plinkingetc(it gets covered in dust/grit a lot- not much rain)& i have used it for elk etc to in the pastt & insnow/rain& frezzing teps- i like the weight/balance of it compared to some ofmy other rifles & that i dont have to worry about scratching up my fancy wood/ blueingetc(as happened some with my fancy wooded Rem & ruger in the big rocks in the past).

And i think shesreall Pretty- plastic stock & all & dosnt need pampering

I may upgrade to a better scope someday on it( money permiting_)

It wont be with a 800$(6x20-) leopold like my soninlaw did( for that price it better get up & gut my animals & cook it for me)

(Have another simmons- 3x9 with dark red tinted lens (model unknowen)-never seen another like it- but been using it for yrs- it was cheap& so far no problems)