HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 28 Trad guy '07 buck
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 10:39 AM
longbowman2
Fork Horn

Default Team 28 Trad guy '07 buck

It took me awhile but I finally got the picture into the Contest page! I decided to hunt behind my house on the 30th. I had such a bright moon that I decided not to use my light at all. I was pulling a Doe in Estrus rag behind me and moved very slowly making little noise. When I got in front of my stand I dragged the rag back & forth in front of my stand for effect and then placed it 10 yds. in front of me. I climbed up and waited. The moon was so bright that I noticed a leaf right where I had just walked in that was so bright it almost looked white. When shooting light came I stood up and at 8 A.M. I looked back at that leaf and it suddenly stood up! The deer moved it's head and I saw horns! He was only 25 yds. away and I had just walked around him within 10 feet! He stretched, came towards me and worked a scrape I had walked through in the dark and then came in to within 13 yds. and I put an arrow through him. I was shooting my old Bear Mag. Hnadled T.D. @ 70# with cedar arrows and 200gr. Ace heads. He bolted for 150 yds. and went down about 150 yds. behind my house. A great day in the woods.