HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What happend!?(UPDATED!)
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 04:10 AM
wis_bow_huntr
Giant Nontypical

Default What happend!?(UPDATED!)

Ok this was a so so weekend, saw several deer this weekend but it wasnt the greatest weekend. Started off when I got the news Friday when I got to the Ranch and heard that my cousins son hit a great 140+ class buck, double lunged it. But it crossed the river and went onto to leased land, leased by our towns pro shop owner and we couldnt get in to find it. Thats two that we have lost because of him. Satuday morning, I went out, windy as heck, but the deer were moving, drew on a great 7 pointer, good quartering away shot, and shot just under him, my fault. Lastnight I had a good buck come in after I growled and he came running up the logging road we cut a couple years ago, he freshened up his scrape, I was hoping hed step out into the field, no, he makes a turn and starts walking west. I get him stopped in between 2 trees, keep in mind they are about 5 feet apart leaving me a good pocket, I draw, set the pin and release. I was sure I hit him, it was right at that light transition phase where you can see deer good yet its dark. He took off like I never hit him. It sounded strange after the shot, almost like my arrow struck something hard...like a tree...I checked out the two trees and there are no noticible marks from my phantom broadheads hitting one of them. The deer tuck his tail and he didnt kick, he just ran. I get down to see if I can find the arrow, no sign of it. I looked for any blood,none to befound, found alot of Urine on leaves but that was it. Im thinking I hit something other than him. But what? My cousin is going out this morningto look everything over and see if he can atleast find the arrow. Im thinking it was a good clean miss but not 100% sure. What are your thoughts on what may havehappend. Ohh hewas 25-30 yards broadside.I knowif he can find the arrow, thearrow will tell the tale, and I never heard the buck crash.