HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Goose Calls
Thread: Goose Calls
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 05:59 PM
mike2355

Default RE: Goose Calls

its all you, not the calls. A good caller, can pick up any call and be able to make it sound like a goose, the tuning is just to make it fit you better. For example, making it stiffer or easier to blow (not "easier" but requiring less air).. you need to pick up some instructionals, such as bad grammer, 100% all goose and the dvd honker talk.. listen and watch those. You still wont be able to call just cuz you listened or watched them, but they will get you on track. start with the basics, get them down by practicing practicing and more practicing. I have only called for about a year now but im pretty good now since i practice like crazy. It took me about 4 months with lots of frustration to be able to get "Started" calling. By the 4 month mark, i could cluck and honk and stuff and i had great speed, but it still didnt sound goosey, since i was only trying to get fast. Well after working on it and watching and listening to the cds/dvd for 100s on times, it finally just hit me and i changed my bad habit of trying to go extrememly fast. Then i got better and better and better and now i think im going to start practicing routines for contests since i think im good enough to start. Dont quit practicing and just keep getting better. If what your doing isnt working for you, try something else. Make sure you pop the air into the call, dont puff your cheeks, and your tounge is the most important part. Its not just going to come to you, you need to practice and listen to geese to get the sounds stuck in your head. then try to copy those sounds.