HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Land lease already a problem!
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 11:01 AM
Vabowman

Default Land lease already a problem!

I was posting my new lease Sunday when all of a sudden I heard loud crashing in the woods right off of the road. I thought is a buck chasing a doe at first, turns out it was two guys walking away from me. I called them over and they said they were tracking a deer from the day before. They do not have permission to hunt this property, they said the deer ran from their property on to mine. They said it crossed the hard surface road after it was shot?? Not buying it, this road is busy!!! I mean the deer could have ran in 4 other directions, it knows that road is there. It is possible, not likely though. Anyway, they found the deer, nice 18 " 8 pt, salt in my wound, I know they killed this deer on my property. To make it worse, one of them pulled out 2 large racks, heavy, 20" racks from the truck and said they killed them the first day!! This land is very good, I have hunted it in the past and just got the lease again this year. I know these deer were taken off of this property, everyone wants to hunt it because of the size deer. What a shame, do Ihave any reason to be excited about this land now that 3 bucks have been taken???? What are my chances that I can still harvest a nice buck?? They did not kill em all, they just educated what was left.