HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 6 - Official Team SBD Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 08:05 AM
HuntingBry
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 6 - Official Team 6 Thread

Good luck John, and everyone else that's going out.

Well, last night I was covered in poison ivy, soaking wet, and pretty darn miserable. I moved my hang on to a great new spot on the one property I have. I had been hunting the edge of a grass field that has a lot of clover in it and was right off a stand of oaks. With the hot, dry weather and the acorns no longer falling deer sightings here slowed to a halt. So, I had noticed a lot of deer hitting a soybean field across the road and crossing over and cutting across the top of the property so I decided to put my stand up in the hedgerow they cross to get to the top field. As is typical in PA good trees in the hedgerow are hard to come by. I was able to find one that was right over a heavy crossing where there is a break in the cattle fence. There was poison ivy all over the tree and I could only effectively get 12 feet up, but it has good cover and my options were limted. So, I got to cutting and hanging. I got my shooting lanes cut and I'm actually pretty happy with the setup. Well, that was Sunday and now I have poison ivy all over my hands and forearms. Now they have harvested the soybeans [:@] so who knows what that will do for their travel. I got to that stand last night in a drizzle that continued to decline to a heavy, steady rain. Apparently, the deer had more sense than I did and stayed holed up for the night. So, itchy and soaked I made my way out after dark.

I'm going to hit my good weekday spot tomorrow and a good morning spot Saturday. A buddy is going to take me out to one of his spots Saturday evening, so I've got some hopes for this weekend.