HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 06:42 PM
finner
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Hey fellas, went out hunting this afternoon had to work so i didnt get out there till about 5 oclock. On my way in i spooked 6 doe[:@] i figured they would of been moving with the cold front that came thru yesterday, we had light snow on and off today and temps in the 30's perfect weather for deer movement.

Got to my stand and didnt see nothing till about an hour into my hunt, then 2 does came out into the field about 100 yrds from me behind me. i watched them feed for about a half hour, after scanning the woods in front of me for a couple mins i turned around to see if they were still there, and noticed a 3rd deer out there a little ways away, put the bino's up to check as it was getting kinda dark and wouldnt ya know it was a dandy 8 point, nice and wide too. so then im like well what to do, by the time he makes his way towards me, and if he does it might too dark. Well then this doe decides she going to go over there and check him out, he didnt want none of that so he chases her back into the thicket off the field edge, then shortly after the other doe follows. i waited about 10 min thinking he may come back out, but nada. so then i tried a little rattling and a few grunts and nothing, as i was taking my arrow off the rest and putting in my quiver i looked back out there and here comes them 2 does running down the field towards me like he was on there tail they cut in just before my stand, but he wasnt in toe. i had a good wind so he didnt smell me, i think he will be back ,and now i know where one of his bedrooms is.[8D]