HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - '08 Bows Truth2, Diamond Marquis, Bowtech General
Old 10-24-2007, 06:18 PM
Duckbutter48
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: '08 Bows Truth2, Diamond Marquis, Bowtech General

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Mainly I am concentrated on vibration and shock free.
I've said it many times: Our biggest miss as a company last year was when we took our travelling shooting booth around to all the shows, letting customers shoot any bow in the lineup last year... When people shot the Guardian for the first time, we should have had video rolling. After editing out all the expletives, it would have made the best commercial we could have run. The Guardian simply blew away expectations for how shock- and vibration-free a bow could be and still deliver very decent speeds.

Having said that, ALL reports coming in so far say that the General is even MORE shock free and vibration free than the Guardian. It's gonna be one heck of a bow, and one I'd highly suggest you take for a test run.
Greg Im not arguin the Guardian is a top of the line bow or not but wanted to share this with you. I recently went into a local Bowtech dealer and asked about the Guardian and the guy running the place just shook his head and told me it would be a waste of time to shoot that bow. He let me shoot a Tribute and Allegiance and a few other brands but he didnt think much of the Guardians and bascially talked me out of it before I had a chance to try one out. He had about 8 of these bows on the rack and only 1 or 2 of any of the other Bowtech's.

Seems a bit odd you'd have that much good feedback on your truck and this shop owner seemed like it wasnt even worth shooting.

Is there a schedule your for truck so someone can go check it out if its in thier part of the country??

(It was not the gentlemen from Hedgesville who posted above)