HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - S&W M&P vs. Glock
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 06:38 AM
WWhunter
Fork Horn

Default S&W M&P vs. Glock

I'm in the market for a new CCW handgun. I have looked at the S&W M&P's and the various Glocks. I will state that I have never really been a Glock lover. But they are starting to look better. I usually carry my Colt Officer's model but it is on the heavy side and a little bulky for carry in the summer. So I am looking for something fairly small (G19-G26 size), 9mm or larger, actually perfer 40sw (G23-G27)or .45acp(G30-G36). In the S&W, I am looking at the Sigma series, M&P Compacts, and the S&W 990 types.

I am willing to look at some of the 9's because I believe bullet technology has gotten better. But my prefernce is definetly on the 40S&W and the .45ACP. I was on the Aif Force SP Marksmanship team when they were testing the 9mm for the military and even the guys doing the testing had very little good to say about any of the 9mm's. Only good side of the 9 is that ammo can be bought relatively cheap for plinking. But I do reload so it isn't that much of a factor.

I may even be interested in the .357sig caliber since its ballistics look very good.

Thanks for any info.
WW