HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - RUBLINE INVESTMENTS
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2003, 09:25 PM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: RUBLINE INVESTMENTS

Shed, are opener is around the same as yours. Basically in Sept I hunt them how I have scouted them or seen them during the summer, primarily food and water sources. However iInever hunt right on the source but rather back from it. While the does, fawns and younger bucks may feel comfortable coming...them bigger bucks still like dark. I try and locate the main funnels, corridors, intersections or trail that run parallell or circle the actual source. This is what I meant be lurking in the shadows. Basically in cover. I have also found heavy grassed fence lines that act as a funnel work really well, in the more open areas or when chasing mulies. In any situation I look for cover, travel routes, where are they going (food/water) and where are they coming from (bed). I try to locate myself in the middle of the equation and look for areas that will not only provide me a shot, but cover and the abillity to remain undetected. During the early part when they are summer pattern, bachelor groups, etc...I don' t like to get to close to the bed...more to the food. As everything progresses as do I.

My success in sept has been good for seeing, but I tend to hold out, evaluate, never really push it at this time...no pressure.

Does this answer your question?