HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Darton and Alpine bows question
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 02:09 PM
Straightarrow

Default RE: Darton and Alpine bows question

BuT not all manufactures will step in and take charge when needed. Dartons service is next to none.
No doubt that some manufacturers are better than others, but who's "the best", is highly debatable. I can't think of one that hasn't dropped the ball on occassion. The top manufacturers don't stay in business by ignoring customer's needs, but no one is perfect.

The reason I say to choose the shop and not the brand, is because shop owners can have great influence over manufacturers when there's a problem, especially shops that move a lot of bows. A good compromise would be to pick the best shop and then ask the owner which brand's service is the best and why does he say that? If he carries 3 or 4 brands, I'll guarantee at least one of them has excellent service.

I've been saying this for years and I believe it - bow color is a more important decision than bow brand. If someone wants to ponder equipment, they should put their time into considering arrow options. Arrow components and design are far more critical decisions than bow brand.