HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Darton and Alpine bows question
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 06:11 AM
nodog
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Darton and Alpine bows question

ORIGINAL: Straightarrow

You will find that most, if not almost all manufacturers make a fine bow today. Most will also have an assortment of styles to choose from.

In my opinion, what's more important than brand, is to choose a bow shop with the best reputation for good service. If you have a problem with the bow, they are the ones you'll depend on to help you. Even if it's just their ability to setup and tune it better, that will mean much more than the brand. A really good shop will be able to take literally any bow on the market and make it a tack-driver (if you can execute the shot). Shop for a dealer, not a bow. Then buy whatever bow they carry that you like best.
BuT not all manufactures will step in and take charge when needed. Dartons service is next to none. You can tell they really love what they do.It's almost as if they're waiting for someone to help.

Really good shops are hard to find. Just kills me that some manufactures leave it all up to you to find a good one and in the same breath say there's nothing they can do, you have to take it to a shop, they speak for us. Also kills me that there are many so loyal to a brand that they will make up all kinds of excuses for the poor service. You won't experience any of this with Darton.

Darton has proven that one way or another you will receive all the service and then some that's required. I like that very much[8D]Almost makes me want to add the to our christmas card list.