HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 30-Official Team Dirty 30 Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 12:22 AM
FF/EMT
Fork Horn

Default RE: 30-Official Team Dirty 30 Thread

congrats tx on the buck!! Sorry to here about the buck Talondale, that really sucks.

I finally had a little luck on Saturday night as well. I had a buck come in that i have gotten on camera the last three years, He has four points on one side and then like a ten inch beam on the other side that forks on the top. I really wanted to take this deer out seeings he is probably never going to get any bigger and his genetics suck. But I opted to pass on him, hoping I run into him in 2 weeks when gun season starts and I have my nephew with me - I think it would be an awesome first deer for him. After he went by I had 2 does and a fawn come out of the corn about 10 minutes later. They slowly worked into shooting range and stopped at 35 yards. I drew back on the biggest doe - the one that didn't have the fawn with her, and just as i let the arrow fly that buck ame bolting out of the corn right behind her and she jumped about a foot forward. My arrow struck her right in the ham area behind the stomach. I heard a loud thwack like it had hit a bone or something and my arrow was still sticking about about 6 inches when she took off. She made it about ten yards and my arrow broke, the funny thing is is that i found both ends at the same spot, my broadhead must have just been sticking out the other side when she started running, her hip/back leg busted the arrow. I heard her run into the corn field and then all of the sudden the noise stopped. So i got down and was sick to my stomache from the shot placement, I made the 3/4 of a mile walk back to my truck and then waited about 20 min. I was able to drive my truck pretty close to where i shot her via a picked bean field. So i got on her trail and it was unbelievable, there was blood everywhere - I had hit the Femoral artery. She had only made it about 60 yards and had bleed out. The 2 blade rage really proved itself with this one. The only thing that sucked is i didn't get any pics, it was about 70 degrees I had nobody to help me drag it or field dress it, so by the time i got it out of there, I took it home and quartered it out and threw it in the refigerator until I could get it to the locker.