HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Darton and Alpine bows question
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 10:52 PM
tricci357

Default RE: Darton and Alpine bows question

I have been a loyal Darton shooter for about seven years now. When I outgrew my first bow, Bear, I decided to shop around. My father had a Darton at the time, new in 1992 and this was 2000, and had never had a problem with it. I researched and found a middle of the year make Darton for a great price. If darton had made it part of their line it would have been a $500+ bow. I got it for $250. It was ahead of it's time. The cam and 1/2 system on that bow is just now being challanged.

Fouryears ago I messed up and split the limb on my bow. I took it to the darton factory and they replaced it for free. Two years ago I got new strings on the bow, string leeches, new cable bar, cable slide, and string loop. With all that they charged me $45.00. Heck of a deal.

Last year my Pop wacked the bottom cam of his bow (same one he bought in 1992) and was told by archery shops that he could not have the bow fixed because that cam style was no longer in production. I talked to Darton and they said that they would fix the bow for little to no cost. I think it was around $40-$50 dollars. Beats paying $500-$700 for a new bow.

Even thoughmy bow is now seven years old, it contends with todays new bows.I am shooting at about 270-280 feet per second. I shoot a heavier arrow and the bow is only at 65lbs. If i were to shoot it at max weight (70lbs) and use a lighter arrow I would go way over 300 fps.

Also, I have never found asmoother shooting, more forgiving bow. I have shot almost every brand out there and can not findone that is as smooth as mine.

Darton stands behind their product and what a great product it is. If you would like to contact them check out www.dartonarchery.com In case you are close to michigan, their shop is located in Hale. Like I said, I have dealt with them several times in the past and they are great people.