HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My best buck yet! UPDATED W/PICS
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 12:29 PM
txjourneyman
Giant Nontypical

Default My best buck yet! UPDATED W/PICS

This morning I shot my best bow buck ever, a nice 7 pt.All in all I've had a great weekend. I went for a ride on Thomas the Tank Engine Saturday morning with my daughter Lily. Saturday evening I shot a big sow hog and then this morning I topped it all off with this buck.
I got to my #2 stand at dark:30 this morning, climbed to 18' and started the wait with a nice breeze in my face. This stand is in an oak tree about 20 yds in from a pasture corner. There are 2 intersecting trails about 20 yds in front of the stand. One trail comes from a bedding area. Thats where he came from at 8:00. At 8:01 a Slick Trick 100gr Magnum sliced through one lung and his diaphram. He went about 50 yds with an easy blood trail out into the pasture.
I will score him when I get him back from the processor at the end of the week. I'm not sure if pics will load from my slow , slow dial-up. I may have to e-mail them to myself at work and post pics tomorrow. I am a very happy man! OK, pics won't load from home. I'll post them from work tomorrow.