HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shot a buck this morning.....Sad day, guys....
Old 10-20-2007, 10:11 AM
valor10
Typical Buck

Default RE: Shot a buck this morning.....Sad day, guys....

GMMAT, deer are deer, and that means food, and racks are a bonus. That's it. Plain and simple.You're there to cull that heard, and that's what you're doing. Wounded, crippled deer should be taken. Yeah, I've heard the same stories about three legged 18 points, blah, blah, blah. I see wounded deer, they go down. The only ethical question to me is if it's a small wounded buck, and you have only one buck tag, whether or not to check it in. Your call. One other thing for you to think about. You've posted about some deer you've wounded, not recovered, the deer in the wire, and now this. This the kind of "cruelty" the anti's are looking for. Just something to think about Bro. I wouldn't post pictures of this stuff, but you sure have the right to do as you please.In the end, it's all about killing Bambi, obviously with the respect and dignity that the animals deserve, or not. Gun hunting with dogs can be slaughter, and there ain't much respect or dignity in that. Not my thing, but I support it. There hunters. But it's ALL still killing Bambi to the anti's.Happy hunting!