HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Important Bowtech General Info
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 01:16 PM
PABowhntr
Boone & Crockett

Default Important Bowtech General Info

Since this situation already happened in my case the powers that be suggested I post this message here on the forums....

Several hundred Generals were incorrectly shipped with the hang tag that reads "No Bow Press Needed". This was a mistake in packaging.
The General cannot be backed down enough to relax the strings and any attempt to do so can result in the limb bolt/s releasing from the riser.
There will not be much pressure on the bolts at this point and nothing will "fly" apart but there is the potential to mess up the threaded section of the riser as well as your bolt threads. In any event it WILL be an annoying inconvenience.
(At which point you will also now need the bow press you should have started with in the first place )

I repeat: DO NOT BACK THE LIMB BOLTS OUT IN AN ATTEMPT TO RELAX THE STRINGS ON THE 2008 BOWTECH GENERAL.

If your bow has a hangtag that reads this , it was attached in error. Bowtech's dealers are being informed of this and apologizes for any inconvenience that it may cause even a single consumer.