HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bands and Jealousy
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 08:41 PM
Carpmaster
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bands and Jealousy

Bands are just one of those dumb luck things...

My buddy Josh(GooseSpanker) picked up a goose with a band tuesday am at a local GMU....loner goose(only one we got) come coasting in....Boom -goose down...he makes a joke I am gonna get my banded goose - walks out there and sure enough BLING! Last year he got one at the same GMUthat was banded on the Lake that he lives on of all places.

Earlier this season I was hunting Indiana for early goose opener...my buddy Adam shoots the 1st and 3rd bird from a flock that came up his side -both banded!

My only bandedgoose had a collar and band - how'd i get him? Farthest bird on a flock my buddy Adam picked close birds and dropped them, I dumped 3 rounds at that bird seeing the collar @ 50+ yards and managed to get it...

I have one duck band it was from a Hooded merg, that was a piss-in-the-wind shot at 45-50 yards dropped the bird, didnt see the band til 3-4 hours later when i went to toss the carcass.

It is all circumstance and dumb luck! I'd love to have more but oh well when the cards fall my way they will, until then.....I will keep hunting!