HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Savage Striker 7mm-08
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 07:11 PM
johnshiredman

Default RE: Savage Striker 7mm-08

Zeak,
I just put the Striker into my Uncle Mikes CamoBandolier Holster (Size 13) that I have for my Encore. It's a tight squeeze but theStriker with scopedoes fit. The Simmons 4x Pro Hunter is a shorter scope than my Burris 3-12 and I don't have flip up scope covers on it yet, so that may make a difference. I also had to un-velcro the flap in order to snap it closed. A 5 inch velcro strip would be needed to secure the flap tight, but since the holster strap runs through the flap, you could get by without keeping the flap attached on the back.
The holster itself can slide around while wearing it, because there is just the one loop strap. The Uncle Mikes holster I have for my .44 SRH loops over the shoulder and then around the waist to hook back onto the holster, which keeps the pistol secured over the chest.
I wouldcheckprices at your local sporting stores for prices, I think I found mine on sale at a Gander Mtn.for less than $50 around 3-4 years ago.I saw it for $80 online at one sight, butfound it at "Cheaper Than Dirt" for $43.