HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - All the new powders...
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 04:14 PM
nchawkeye
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: All the new powders...

Funny, I sometimes wonder the same thing...I remember when Pyrodex was introduced...Frankly the main advantage was the higher ignition temps so it could be shipped UPS and not stored in a powder magazine...Funny, about this time guys had problems with their cap locks, wouldn't go off as reliabily as when using Goex...Wonder if the two are related???

Now guys are buying "different" powders so they can clean their gun easier...
Have we really gotten this spoiled...What are you going to do with all that extra time on your hands???

I have used Pyrodex R-S in my inline, with a 209 and it did fine...I bought it on sale at WalMart for $5.00 a pound...Since most of my muzzle loading shooting is with my two flintlocks, I always have a good supply of Goex on hand...That's what my loads are taylored around...It still works, gets good velocity, good accuracy...So what if I have to run 6 patches down the barrel instead of 3??? I guess some guys have problems finding it...I'm lucky, a distributor is an hour away, there is a good BBQ place on the way and its selling this year for $11.50 a can...

Of course, if Jim Shockey says it's "the best" is must be...Right????

Now what rifle does he shoot??? Knight??? T/C???
What's his favorite bullet??? Barnes 300gr??? Nosler Partition???

Oh yea, I remember his favorite brand....Whoever pays him the most money to promote their product.............