HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - follow up
Thread: follow up
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 03:35 PM
kansaswiderack
Typical Buck

Default follow up

Since there I have already seen one post on tracking w/ poor results, I thought I would lend my .02. I have been fortunate to have had 2 shot opprotunities this year & both ending w/ a very short tracking job. The first was last Tuesday, my first evening in the stand. I had a doe come in straight at me. I waited for her to clear limbs & turn & give a slightly quartering away shot. 15 yds & its a shot we can all make all the time. 60 yd trail & she was mine.My other shot was a turkey on Saturday morning & I followed what I had read & also seen on the outdoor shows. Broadside shot @ 20 yds, place the pin on the leg/body cavityarea & release. The bird didn't go 15 yds. My point is we all need to be more discrete about our shot selection and we won't have so many sad ending posts on this board. I understand what can and does happen in the heat of the moment. I have been there myself. Just try to be patient & odds are you will be more successfull than if you let your emotions get in the way of good judgement.