HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - SHOOTING HIGH OR LOW FROM TREESTAND?
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 10:05 AM
nchawkeye
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: SHOOTING HIGH OR LOW FROM TREESTAND?

I had always anchored at the corner of my mouth (I shoot fingers)...But when he mentioned feeling the string with my nose, I realized that that evening I didn't remember doing that, the 2 nocks made me bend my neck and get down on the string....A peep will do the same, you just loose a lot of light using a peep...It would be interesting if the original poster has shot over deer and is he using a peep???

Guess I'm thinking if you are using a peep and shooting over then the deer is dropping and he needs to work on getting his bow quieter or only shoot at relaxed deer...I did learn several years ago that I shoot better without a face mesh on my head, so I pull it down before shooting or leave it off...

I shoot an older bow, with 31 inch 2413 arrows..When I was younger and shooting a Bear Whitetail I did have a few deer jump the string, but I realized after watching some bow hunting shows that the deer I had shot over were not relaxed...

I do aim low, but not off the deer...

I used to get up 15 feet because I was scared of heights...Now that we have better stands and I wear a safety harness, I'm getting higher (and getting busted less)...

So getting higher exagerated the angle which showed up in my poor form...