HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - how the indians hunted
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 08:27 AM
iamyourhuckleberry
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: how the indians hunted

Keep in mind, back then the only rules were those associated with survival...which meant there were no rules. I have been on archaeological sites were buffs were driven off cliffs. The top layer of animals show signs of being butchered. The buffalo at the bottom of the pile were unscathed. Think about the enormous mass acculated in such a pile. The meat on the buffalo closer to the bottom was just unattainable. It more than likely soured from the heat coming off of those carcasses above. Trust me, The indians made use of everything they could get. I have also been to kill site where the indians used 22s to kill wildlife. Of course it's all spectulation but Joe Brave would stand high abovehis prey on clifffs.His prey would walk, unknowingly under, and Joe would release his22 pound boulder. The weigh and the fall of such a projectile was enough to make animal pancakes. Again, you had to be resourceful to survive back then. A person rarely live to see his 40th b-day...and everything they ate was organic (I had to throwthe "organic"in for all the health nut who believe thier way is better...We have cheated death by twice that average age presently. I do not know if I want to live forever...)