HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Trail cam pics of a buffalo
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 08:22 AM
titleist_03
Nontypical Buck

Default Trail cam pics of a buffalo

I posted this a couple other places, but figured I would here as well since some guys are only on this site.

So my buddy and I were leaving a farm last weekend. We were driving past a field land that leads down into the farm and saw a large animal. Since it was dark and the animal was walking away from us, it was hard to make out just exactly what it was. We figured it was a lose cow since we had seen one up the road the night before, but I noticed it was a very very large cow and joked by saying it was a buffalo.
We continued down the road and received a phone call from another buddy that had checked a trail camera on that farm earlier in the afternoon. He was going through the pics and saw a couple nice bucks, but at the end of the card there were two pics of a huge animal. Definately not a deer. A BUFFALO! What we saw walking down the lane actually was a buffalo. He is a monster. Anyone know how to field judge one? What does it have to score to make P&Y? Just kidding!
Apparently there is a farmer a few miles away that has some buffalo on his farm and he regularly has a few get lose and doesn't bother trying to corral them back. There may be more than just this one running around on that farm.
Anyways here are the pics. I would love to get some video of this guy walking past, as long as we're in the stand. I want nothing to do with him on the ground!