HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - need help on sabots
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 07:56 PM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: need help on sabots

hunter brad

I am not a good resource here because I hate PowerBelt's and they make em right here in Idaho. There has been lots of stories just as yours about PB's but there also has been a lot of successful stories also. There really is such better and less expensive bullets you can use if you are allowed to shoot sabots & copper. The PowerBelt is built to be an easy loading lead conical. It really is nothing more than an elongated round ball and when you add the AreoTip it really reduces the effectiviness of the bullet at close ranges unless you slow it way down

Were I you I would get a boxof 10mm 200 grain Hornady XTP's and some tan 40/45 MMP sabots and shoot that bullet with your same powder load - actually I would shoot 100 grains of T7-2f loose powder. This bullet is deadly at ranges to 150 yards and if you can place it to 175 yards... If you are shooting ranges greater than that, then the TC 200 grain Shockwave will handle that but is not as a good performer at the closer ranges as the 200 XTP.

Just my opinion - I am sure you will get a lot of other answers... might PM lemoyne he has used both bullets lot on deer and hogs.