HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Beginner Hunter Guns..
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 05:06 PM
andy da animal
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Beginner Hunter Guns..

all guns suggested would be great guns for deer hunting! but like some have said check and make sure that you can hunt with a rifle in your state, some states dont allow rifles! also if you arent going to be able to get a shot off at 500 yards due to thick brush of heavy wooded area then you dont need a 7 mm. if your longest shot wont be more than 100 yards i suggest a shotgun. the remington 870 is what my brother uses and he loves it, it is also a fairly resonably priced gun that will last forever! i use the Ithica deer slayer modle 37, it is a much cheaper gun than the 870 but it hasent let me down yet! it all depends on your budget, and dont worry so much about the recoil, it might kick like a mule when you sight it in but when that deer walks infront of your stand you wont feel that gun go off!As for what to shoot, well...... i got lucky and had a monster 8 point walk infront of me my first year, my brother harvested a doe for his first. dont be picky with your first deer, just get some experiance and have fun!!!! good luck!!!!