HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 1st hunt checklist
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 11:00 AM
eman1200

Default 1st hunt checklist

As I sit here, not working, planning my first hunt, here is what I envision wearing/bringing. Any feedback will be appreciated.

After showering with scent free soap and shampoo, and assuming temps between a low of 48 and high of mid 60's:

CLOTHES

[ul][*]waterproof boots (mine aren't camo but dark brown, shouldn't matter...right?)[*]under armour "leggings" thingys (to keep me warm and dry, not for cross-dressing)[*]camo pants[*]camo under armour long sleeve tee shirt[*]camo fleece or jacket, depending on morning weather[*]camo fleece balaclava (face mask, whatever u call it)[*]camo gloves[*]hunter orange baseball hat and vest (to wear in and out of the woods)[/ul]

BACKPACK

[ul][*]field dressing stuff (knives, rope, gloves, paper towels, etc...)[*]snacks (already taken out of their noisy wrappers and such, kept in ziplock bags which I can reuse later for dirty paper towels, heart/liver, etc...)[*]water[*]tree stand safety harness[*]binoculars[*]flashlite[*]compass[*]camera[*]latest copy of hunting magazine which I hope to be on the cover as 'rookie of the year'
[/ul]
BOW

[ul][*]sweet Parker Buck Hunter XP with shiny new broadheads just begging for a double lung shot[/ul]