HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bleat calls do they realy work?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 05:06 AM
nchawkeye
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bleat calls do they realy work?

[quote]ORIGINAL: jd3006

I wouldn't hunt without my doe bleat. It's a Woodswise Buck-n-Doe with a grunt call on one end and a doe bleat on the other end.This is not a fawn distress call but an adult doe bleat. I've called in and killed 4 bucks and several does using the doe bleat. I know it's not luck because deer have run in right under my treestand and actually bleated thamselves in response to my calls. It does not work all the time, maybe once or twice a year or less, but when it works it's awesome. So I carry it and call every time I hunt. I've never had a response to the buck grunt that I know of.
[quote]

That's one of the best and least known calls out there, not sure if it's still being made..My hunting buddy and I have used that one for years, using both the buck grunt and doe contact bleat...I've still got the video that came with it, good info as well...What ever happened to Jerry Peterson??

I like that call so much, I have 2 extra, still in the pack in my hunting cabinet.

Oh yea...Bleat calls work, but like scents, you really have to know what you are doing, like the time of year and what type bleat to use, or you have as good of a chance spooking deer as calling deer....