HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Another ethics / legal question
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 12:34 PM
BowHuntingFool
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Another ethics / legal question

Happened to me this year! Coyotes got my first ever opening day bowkill and ate most of her, with in an hour and a half of the shot and 50 yards from where I shot her! I thought I heard her go down in the tall grass but waited to recover her, just in case. Weather wasn't an issue! Watched 2 Does feed in the same blood spot where I shot the first, waited until they walked off and I took my stand down, went back to the truck and dropped it off, got my cleaning pack and went back and found her just about gone! Couldn't believe it, I was bummed! I didn't know what to do, we called the Warden he came out and assessed the situation and told me not to tag it, write it off at as Coyote feed! They ate more that half of her! I wish I would have had my camera and taken pictures!

Legally tag the deer.....I was unsure thats why I called the DNR they came out and was told I didn't have to. The CO wrote it down in his notes!
Ethically tag the deer, I wanted to, the deer was a mess, I mean a mess, we have to take them in and register them, wouldn't of been a pretty site for the lady at the registration station. Then what to do with the carcass, its illegal to dump them on state land or in the garbage can in my city! If had private land to dump the carcass on I would of tagged her and registered her! Tough situation!

Tags are not an issue for me. I get 2 free antlerless tags and always buy 2 extra at the begining of the season! I always end up with a couple of unused tags that I paid for![8D]