HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - PA Opener
Thread: PA Opener
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 07:17 PM
PA12pt

Default RE: PA Opener

Hi all, i'm new to the site but got word a picture of my deer was posted on this site (page 3 from Easton_xx75) and thought i'd see what it was.

But yeah i got in my tree around 5:15 the opening day and called my dad so he knew i made it up the treealright. closed my phone and heard some footsteps. about 10 minutes later i saw my Cuddeback flash and saw the outline of a deer keep walking through the moonlight. didn't think much of it. it got to be around 10:30 and i forgot something to eat and drink and to urinate in to for an all day sit (this all occurred 200 yards behind my house). so i got down around 10:30 and grabbed my card out of the cuddeback and went back in the house for a drink and to use the bathroom. i put the card in the sandisk to view it on the t.v. and there he was 5:41 a.m....not much hope, thinking he went nocturnal on me i went back out around 1 p.m. for the evening hunt. it got to be around 2:15 and i heard a sound that sounded like a grunt, i didn't really believe it and just shook it off. again about 5 minutes later i heard it again...so i thought what the heck i have nothing to lose, it's like 80 degrees out and deer movement will be minimal anyway, so i grabbed my grunt call and gave a few calls. i went back to sitting and sweating in my stand and about 5 minutes later out of the corner of my eye here he came. i grabbed my bow off the eazyhanger and he walked in to a shooting lane at 17 yards and i let him have it through the heart. he went about 30 yards and i watched him fall over. and then came the tears and the phone calls because i've been watching him all summer since he first sprouted as an 8 point and i have about 150 trail cam pics of him.

I had him scored by a friend that works for the game commission in the Shippensburg area which is where i go to school and he got a gross score of 179 and a net score of 171 3/8.