HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How long before you decide to move your stand?
Old 10-04-2007, 02:42 PM
nchawkeye
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How long before you decide to move your stand?

One other thing...deer poop every 2 hours...If they feed in an area long, you will find fresh, shiny, poop...You mentioned that you see trails and tracks, this does not tell you when deer come through, it might be 1:00am, not going to help you...

Find a good bedding area (cutover, swamp, thicket)...Then find the nearest food source, that's the first spot they will feed when they get up in the evening...If you have white oaks, target that area, look at the caps, if they have a half moon cut out of them, a deer ate that one...Also, you should have 4-5 piles of poop around that tree....

My current spot is where two cutovers corner, there are 15-20 white oaks in the area and 4-5 are dropping...These trees are 50 yards form the cutover, I'm seeing deer come from the cutover at 6:00-6:15 pm and feed there until dark, last Saturday I had 12 deer feeding within 25 yards of me....That's the type area you need to find, not just a couple of deer trails in the woods....

Also...3-4 deer can make a bunch of tracks at night....