HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread
Old 10-03-2007, 07:04 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 31-Official team 31 Thread

Frank...once again...awesome buck buddy!!!

Rob...thanx alot..im impressed with this team good bunch of guys and like last year, seem fully capable of putting bone on the ground!

hopefully im next Saturday morning. i hate to hunt my honey hole again right now...was really lookin for a cold front...but i really dont got anywhere else at home i will have a good shot at a buck and if i dont hunt there someone else very well may...soooo i will be there...lets hope the buck i seen last week, or a bigger one decides to meet me there.

didnt see ANYTHING this evening. i cant figure it out. it was absolutely RAINING acorns. got settled in at 3pm. yaaa gusty, swirling winds...but im ontop of a ridge as high as possible...dont think anything had much of a chance of winding me. hour or 2 later the wind completely died...PERFECT. acorns falling should been like a dinner bell right??

NOTHING....all i seen was a bazillion chipmunks...oh...and one critter that looked like a cross between a squirrel and a groundhog. pretty sure it was a weasle..never seen that in my life...going to look that up now....

hopefully saturday brings somethin my way. im already feeling frustration and its EARLY lol. i just REALLY thought id SEE atleast SOMETHING today...exspecially when it was raining acorns...and im surrounded by thick nasty stuff infront and behind me and the wind was generally East...which blew it to the other end of the ridge towards a grassy, cut gasline i didnt expect anything to come from anyways...one day i will figure these deer out

keep at it boys!!!